Skip to main content

I can't drive 55



♥ Sweater:  American Eagle
♥ Jeans:  Levi 515
♥ Shoes:  Converse (similar)

I might not be able to drive 55 (my hubby kept singing that song to me all weekend) but apparently I can survive becoming 55 years old. Although with coming back to work today I think I'm feeling my age as the bed is sounding pretty good right about now or at least the couch! Yesterday was actually my birthday but I took the day off Friday so a 3 day celebration was on. Don't you love it when your birthday lands on the weekend? As it turned out Art gave me an early gift which was a sweater to match my birthday dress for our fancy dinner out on Saturday.  You know how one piece of clothing can change your whole colorscheme gamplan of what to wear with what, well, this was one of those pieces. I planned to wear black with my dress but the sweater had shades of brown so black was no longer an option and you know what that means....a trip to the mall! Just a quick run in, though, for brown tights and, of course, I had to have a new purse too :o) Then it was on to Red Lobster.


After a wonderful early dinner we decided to stop by the local bar we frequent on occasion for a couple more before heading home. It's best to kept a thing like a birthday under wraps in a bar where you know everyone unless you want to be plyed with liquor. I hadn't planned to announce it since it was actually two days out but before I knew it the whole bar knew. Apparently I had forgotten to mention to Art to not tell everyone in the joint that I was gonna be another year older. I know these people! Oh well they didn't have to actually break my arm to have a shot, or two, or three but a little bending was in order :o) There apparently was no fighting it so, what the hell, shots for everyone! This even included the huge white dog who kept kissing me. His owner said he thought he must have fallen for me because he just didn't do that sort of thing. I just figured it was the shot of tequila giving him the look of love! His name was Bear but he looked like a big white wolf. I certainly wasn't going to argue with him if he wanted a little sugar. I mean you just let a dog like do whatever he wants! lol He was a gorgeous dog which I would have taken right home with me if I could. Although Fadra would have sent him packing I'm sure! On another note, I flew a coaster down the bar at some people who threw a couple at me and one went right into some guys cowboy hat. It was so perfect it looked just like I planned it that way and I certainly said I did but I couldn't have done that again if I tried! Lots of laughs! What a fun day ♥








Romantic & Vintage Shoes

Comments

  1. great post:)) I would love to follow each other! but I can't find you among my followers:( could you try again for me please?:) keep in touch!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leonor, following now for sure. I'm in a post birthday haze today :o) Love your blog!

      Delete
  2. thank you so much dear! I am now following you too on GFC!!:) keep in touch!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did i miss your birthday until you posted just now? happy birthday for yesterday! kate xxx www.wanderingthroughthisexistence.blogspot.com but then you already know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, so nice to hear from you and thank you so much for the happy birthday wishes!

      Delete
  4. aahh how adorable are you?! So cute :D

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny, thanks so much! You are pretty adorable yourself there girl!

      Delete
  5. Thanks,for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Officially Retired My Ugg Boots For The Season

UGG.com
My Ugg boots are probably my favorite shoewear. I love them! My feet have a tendency to get cold but not while wearing these. I have read that men don't like them but I think they are cute as can be and my hubby doesn't complain. Yes, I even like them with shorts. Although I only wear them with jeans. With the sun finally coming out, sadly it's time to place them at the back of my closet.
Top: ModCloth Jeans: Levi's 515
The top I have on is the most softest thing I own and was purchased at my favorite internet clothing shop...ModCloth. It is the The-Great-Estate-Dress and is currently sold out. They have some really cool, unique items. This was listed as a dress but was a bit short for me since you can see through the bottom layer. I pulled it up a bit and it was perfect as a top with my Levis. It would be cute with leggings or a short skirt and tights too.  I'm still trying to get out of my Levis and into some more stylish outfits but I love them so. Still …

The Cabbage Patch Kids inspired crochet hat

I just love Cabbage Patch Kids! Years ago my dad went on a mission to get me one when they were hard to find. With the invent of the internet you can almost find anything these days but back in the day it wasn't so easy. He finally succeeded but there was always a story about what a time he had. He was able to get me two in the long run. The first a little boy named Bobby George (my dad's name was Bobby also) just in case he couldn't get his hands on a girl with red hair. Luckily eventually someone was able to get the girl doll for him to give to me. I was so pleased to get them and he was so happy giving them to me that it is a memory I will always treasure. Whenever I think of Cabbage Patch dolls I always think of him. I get them out once in awhile and clean them up but I hope to display them after I paint my second bedroom which I hope to make whimsical and colorful. Arlene looked like she could use a bit of sprucing up when I got her out for pictures so I'm not su…

Dreaming of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ok, so last night I had a dream that I was standing on the roof watching the Red Hot Chili Peppers play "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" and I was featured in the video. I was looking great in a cute outfit with some type of hat and having a ball! lol The next thing I know I'm running through the jungle looking worse for wear with a dinosaur chasing me.  We watched an episode of Terra Nova and then Jurassic Park III was on so I know why I was dreaming of dinosaurs but where did the Red Hot Chili Peppers come from? I was so excited I woke up and had to pee!

How cool can you get?
I love a man that cooks! Although Flea scares me a bit!
Now this is a fashion statement if I ever saw one.
Photo Credit: Ellen von Unwerth redhotchilipeppers.com







Photography - F.C. Gundlach

//source: yahoo images
Beautiful photography by F. C. Gundlach. I now have the urge to go for a drive and pose next to a car ♥ 
















Saturday was date night!

♥ Dress:  Modcloth ♥ Sweater:  Ralph Lauren ♥ Booties: Modcloth-boots
On Saturday morning snoozing late was a must after all that booze on Friday night. After finally getting up I was still tired and since my favorite show recorded the night before I wanted to watch it while I tried to wake up. I absolutely love Haven! Although it's just one more reason to stay out of Maine :o) Art got up early and went to breakfast with his brothers and washed the car so I had the house to myself. If I wanted to watch tv in the morning, why not? I mean I was going to be another year older the next day so I figured I could do whatever I wanted. Although not productive I didn't have to wonder what strange occurrences were happening in that strange little town. I did finally get up and do a bit of housework since my family were coming over the next day for cake but I only gave it a lick and a promise. Before I knew it it was time to get ready. I bought my dress from Modcloth when they had the …