Skip to main content

Gainesville Visit for Graduation

  

Up at 4:00 a.m. to make a 7:10 flight. Fadra knew I was leaving so neither of us were very happy. I am so not a morning person!

  

By the time we spent a couple of hours on layover at Atlanta I had woken up and was ready for the graduation festivities. Gainesville airport is extremely small and so we didn't have any problems. We had a reservation for a rented car and since everyone was renting cars that weekend they ended up having to upgrade us to a larger car which ended up being a manly looking Dodge. My mom told me I needed to drive it around the parking lot a couple times before I took it out on the road. I had to laugh because there was no one around and everything looked pretty much deserted. You could have driven a tank around through there and besides I've been driving since I was about 12 so the car wasn't a problem for me to drive. After having just watched Rainman I told her I was an excellent driver, slow on the driveway! lol Although when we pulled in the hotel I ran over the curb. She, of course, had to come back with, and I thought you were an excellent driver!  It became a running joke throughout the trip, since I didn't know where I was going half the time a few u-turns were in order. 


After a couple hours at the rooftop pool we were ready for the pinning ceremony. As you can see we were so happy for him and so very proud! He will be a wonderful addition to the medical community as he has the biggest heart. He went to school on the GI bill after serving 4 years in the Navy seeing the world. He has alot to be proud of himself ♥ 




♥ Dress:  Connected Apparel (from my visit to Burlington Coat Factory)
♥ Peeptoe Shoes:  Etienne Aigner (My second toe is longer than my big toe so I'm not sure peep toes are for me! lol)
♥ Purse: Vintage Coach (from eBay)
Overstock.com- Connected-Apparel - some adorable dresses at great prices!

At dinner the guy cooking kept picking on me. He was hilarious and the food was delicious!

On to graduation day!  As we got ready to go for the day there was a band playing on the rooftop pool (which we could see from our room) that serenaded us throughout the afternoon. A country rock band so it was right up my alley. Did a little singing of my own on "Can't You See", the old Marshall Tucker song :o) Mom freaked out when the wi-fi went out. She couldn't check her ebay which was OMG, how awful! Although if you ask her she doesn't even get on the computer that often! lol A fun day for sure.





HE DID IT!!!!!!

I framed and matted this photo as a Mother's Day gift for my mom.
A proud granny if I ever saw one! She loved it!

This dress is also Connected Apparel. The sandals are So from Kohl's.
When he passes his state board he is moving home! He's been away from home way too long. Yay!! 


After it was said and done a steak, mushrooms and a good cold Bud Light was in order for sure!  Then on to the mall. I didn't think I could buy anything since my suitcase was packed but I did pick up a dress I couldn't resist. I mean, after all, there's always room for one more dress, don't you think? We didn't do any siteseeing since like stairsteps we all had a cold but we had such a nice visit and lots of good meals, laughs and even some relaxation! There was lots of action in town and watching all the people was fun too. Another crack of dawn flight and we were home before you knew it. Next time I fly I think I need to make the reservations ♥







Comments

  1. Great blog! thank you for having me in your bloglist!

    Much love,
    Joice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a joyful family trip, Darlene, and congratulations! Those early, early flights are tough for me too : > Thanks for the nostalgic music at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair and your beautiful smile. You light up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your mother must be very proud of your son! It looks like you had an amazing weekend and you have such a winning smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and post!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Officially Retired My Ugg Boots For The Season

UGG.com
My Ugg boots are probably my favorite shoewear. I love them! My feet have a tendency to get cold but not while wearing these. I have read that men don't like them but I think they are cute as can be and my hubby doesn't complain. Yes, I even like them with shorts. Although I only wear them with jeans. With the sun finally coming out, sadly it's time to place them at the back of my closet.
Top: ModCloth Jeans: Levi's 515
The top I have on is the most softest thing I own and was purchased at my favorite internet clothing shop...ModCloth. It is the The-Great-Estate-Dress and is currently sold out. They have some really cool, unique items. This was listed as a dress but was a bit short for me since you can see through the bottom layer. I pulled it up a bit and it was perfect as a top with my Levis. It would be cute with leggings or a short skirt and tights too.  I'm still trying to get out of my Levis and into some more stylish outfits but I love them so. Still …

The Cabbage Patch Kids inspired crochet hat

I just love Cabbage Patch Kids! Years ago my dad went on a mission to get me one when they were hard to find. With the invent of the internet you can almost find anything these days but back in the day it wasn't so easy. He finally succeeded but there was always a story about what a time he had. He was able to get me two in the long run. The first a little boy named Bobby George (my dad's name was Bobby also) just in case he couldn't get his hands on a girl with red hair. Luckily eventually someone was able to get the girl doll for him to give to me. I was so pleased to get them and he was so happy giving them to me that it is a memory I will always treasure. Whenever I think of Cabbage Patch dolls I always think of him. I get them out once in awhile and clean them up but I hope to display them after I paint my second bedroom which I hope to make whimsical and colorful. Arlene looked like she could use a bit of sprucing up when I got her out for pictures so I'm not su…

Dreaming of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ok, so last night I had a dream that I was standing on the roof watching the Red Hot Chili Peppers play "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" and I was featured in the video. I was looking great in a cute outfit with some type of hat and having a ball! lol The next thing I know I'm running through the jungle looking worse for wear with a dinosaur chasing me.  We watched an episode of Terra Nova and then Jurassic Park III was on so I know why I was dreaming of dinosaurs but where did the Red Hot Chili Peppers come from? I was so excited I woke up and had to pee!

How cool can you get?
I love a man that cooks! Although Flea scares me a bit!
Now this is a fashion statement if I ever saw one.
Photo Credit: Ellen von Unwerth redhotchilipeppers.com







Photography - F.C. Gundlach

//source: yahoo images
Beautiful photography by F. C. Gundlach. I now have the urge to go for a drive and pose next to a car ♥ 
















Saturday was date night!

♥ Dress:  Modcloth ♥ Sweater:  Ralph Lauren ♥ Booties: Modcloth-boots
On Saturday morning snoozing late was a must after all that booze on Friday night. After finally getting up I was still tired and since my favorite show recorded the night before I wanted to watch it while I tried to wake up. I absolutely love Haven! Although it's just one more reason to stay out of Maine :o) Art got up early and went to breakfast with his brothers and washed the car so I had the house to myself. If I wanted to watch tv in the morning, why not? I mean I was going to be another year older the next day so I figured I could do whatever I wanted. Although not productive I didn't have to wonder what strange occurrences were happening in that strange little town. I did finally get up and do a bit of housework since my family were coming over the next day for cake but I only gave it a lick and a promise. Before I knew it it was time to get ready. I bought my dress from Modcloth when they had the …