My only resolution this year...back to dressing better!


One of my New Year's resolutions (well really the only one since more than one is just one too many) is to do a better job at dressing well on a daily basis. Oh sure I do great when it comes to nights out or special events now but on a daily basis I have gradually digressed back to a basic black skirt almost daily (I finally threw away my old black dress pants or I would probably be sporting those again). Although there is nothing wrong with a black skirt it shouldn't be the same one which you wash just to have it to wear again tomorrow. The shame of it is that I have purchased, thrifted and been the recipient of  plenty of clothes in the last few years when I decided I was a train wreck when it came to clothing myself. A real emergency if you will. I have more than enough clothes to put together lots of great looks now. I really have no excuse other than it's just easier to throw that one black skirt on. I had a lot on my mind last year and, of course, that doesn't help but I am hopeful to turn my thoughts a bit more towards my daily life rather than thoughts about long term things I can't do a thing about anyway. I hope to live and enjoy each day in and of itself. 

I work in a small law office and I can basically wear whatever I want. Especially on days when there are no clients scheduled. Fridays have always been casual and one year when I didn't receive a raise I asked if it would be ok if I wore jeans on no client days. At least I felt like I was getting some benefit. Although after having this option for a few years now I have found that I get more work actually done when I dress more professional than I do on days that I can wear jeans through the week. I guess it feels too much like casual Friday when the workflow is less. I don't really know why that is though. I thought I would be more comfortable and get more done but I found I really only needed to start wearing more comfortable clothes in general. Leave the high heels and suits at home. I mean it's been some time since I worked in a large firm which can expect that type of dress. My attorneys have no kind of a dress policy or appearance qualms and I don't have to go to the Courthouse anymore. We are pretty casual here regardless. I have been trying to find a middle ground. Although the guys have never made any comments about what I wear one way or the other I have found that they are more receptive to my ideas when I present them dressed well. It's just something I have picked up on over the years. It is a subconscious thing on their parts which they have no idea of but I have found this to be true with both of them. Maybe it is just that when you look better you seem to feel better and present yourself better but I am not taking any chances, nowadays when I need to conference with them about cases or want time off I always leave the black skirt or jeans at home :o)





________________________________
Outfit Details:
Dress:  Liz Claiborne  (similar)
Top:  Thrifted
Sweater:  Elder Beerman (similar)
Belt:  JC Penny (similar)




Shop LuLu*s - Spring Into Action in the Season's Hottest Looks!

1 comment:

  1. Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM White Patent Leather Pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Yellow Patent Leather Wavy pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Black Matte Rhinestone
    cheap christian louboutin pumps sale online and free shipping
    http://www.clsneakersmall.com

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!