Awesome pork and sauerkraut recipe for good luck in the new year



Ingredients :
2-3 lbs. lean boneless pork ribs
6 garlic cloves
Small amount of olive oil
1 large jar of sauerkraut or similar size bag
1 large red apple
1 smal to medium red onion
2 shallots
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon corse black pepper

Preheat oven to 325. On stovetop pour enough olive oil in Dutch oven to cover bottom well. Fry garlic until tender and set aside. Salt and pepper both sides of pork and brown well, then bake uncovered in oven for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, drain sauerkraut and place in mixing bowl. Add apple cubes, chopped onion, chopped shallots and chopped garlic gloves. Add apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients 

After pork has cooked cover with mixed ingredients above. Add chicken broth, cover with lid and bake 3 more hours. I served with macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls. Applesauce would go well and/or a nice dinner salad.

All I can say is yum, yum, yum! Perfect for the new year. We can always use all the luck we can get. Enjoy! 




Pictures for this post were taken with my new iPhone, uploaded to the blogger app and text added on my iPad. All by floating on the cloud. Easy peasy. I love learning new things and perfecting a great recipe. It's been a great way to start the new year. I say cool beans! Although I guess I should be saying cool pork and sauerkraut :o)  Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!