Johnny Winter


I just heard the new song from Johnny Winter on the radio this afternoon and wanted to share. The blues world and the world in general lost a wonderful soul this year. He was in the midst of releasing the new album "Step Back" when he passed away. I cried when I heard the news. The album has been highly anticipated. It comes out September 2nd and features Eric Clapton, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry, Dr. John, Leslie West, Brian Setzer and Joe Bonamassa. All are favorites of mine. I can't wait! It doesn't sound like it's going to let us down. My son and I had the pleasure of seeing him a couple years ago from the second row! Pretty awesome! Too bad I only had my phone camera with me. When I was about 13 in 1970 I was so in love with Edgar Winter that I named my dog I got for my birthday that year after him! lol I heard Johnny for the first time way back then too. He is the very reason I love the blues rock genre so much today :o) I miss him already.

You can read about him here on Wikipedia


Video: Johnny Winter feat. Ben Harper - Can't Hold On (talk to me baby)

Video: Johnny Winter - Be Careful With A Fool (live 1970)







No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!