TV - Bates Motel


What can I say about this show other than I love, love, love it! I've always been a fan of the Psycho franchise. There's just something so creepy about it that you can't not love it! However, I was a little late to the party on this show. I don't watch much of the A&E channel I guess. I didn't hear anything about it until I started watching Under the Dome (don't get me started on this one Mr. Stephen King). Mike Vogel who plays Barbie on that show also appeared in the first few episodes of Bates Motel which made news after the fact. All I can say is I must have been under a rock somewhere. So this year when the second season started I decided to dvr it and catch the first season dvd's (slow internet so I cannot stream) from Netflix. When I went looking for the season 2 premiere to record that evening it so happened they were rerunning season 1. I missed the first 2 episodes but I couldn't wait to watch so I hit record and I have been watching since. The second season finale was last Monday. My husband hasn't been watching because he said he would rather wait and watch it from the beginning so what better time to begin than Mother's Day weekend. I can't wait to see the first 2 episodes I missed and watch it all from the beginning. 

Bates Motel is set in current day. Norman is in high school and Norma is trying to be the best mother she can be while fretting over everything from new boyfriends, the new highway and meeting new people in town. Her main concern is Norman, though. It's always Norman! They certainly have a strange and unusual relationship but the motel has the no vacancy sign lit every evening and things couldn't be better except for the highway issue, the marijuana wars, the corrupt police, and of course, the crazy son. She also has an older son on the show. Everyone has their share of problems and they are all a little nuts actually. Bates Motel is well written and extremely entertaining. A new twist each week. Norma is also quite the snappy dresser. I love it! After all, mother is a boy's best friend :o)








  

Whatever is up this weekend I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!