It's a chili day

What is it about the first chilly weekend that makes everyone crave chili? I guess it's the best thing to take the chill off. Along with your favorite blanket there's nothing better for warming up! Since I am no exception to the chili rule my pot is simmering as we speak. I thought I would share my recipe which, if I may so say myself, is quite delicious!




Ingredients;
2 lbs. hamburger
1 package chili seasonings
2 12 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can of kidney beans
1 small onion
1 small green pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano

Brown hamburger. I use a cast iron chicken fryer and if you use ground chuck you don't have to drain any grease as it will fry up without a lot of fat. Chop up onion and green pepper. When hamburger is done add the onion and green pepper. Add chili seasonings packet and stir. Add cans of tomatoes. I don't care much for beans but I don't like the taste of my chili without them so I drain the juice into the mix and add 1/2 the can of beans. Add the rest of the spices. Stir and simmer at least an hour. Enjoy with peanut butter sandwiches or crackers or both like i do. Yum yum yum! Even better the second day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!