The Cabbage Patch Kids inspired crochet hat



I just love Cabbage Patch Kids! Years ago my dad went on a mission to get me one when they were hard to find. With the invent of the internet you can almost find anything these days but back in the day it wasn't so easy. He finally succeeded but there was always a story about what a time he had. He was able to get me two in the long run. The first a little boy named Bobby George (my dad's name was Bobby also) just in case he couldn't get his hands on a girl with red hair. Luckily eventually someone was able to get the girl doll for him to give to me. I was so pleased to get them and he was so happy giving them to me that it is a memory I will always treasure. Whenever I think of Cabbage Patch dolls I always think of him. I get them out once in awhile and clean them up but I hope to display them after I paint my second bedroom which I hope to make whimsical and colorful. Arlene looked like she could use a bit of sprucing up when I got her out for pictures so I'm not sure she can wait long. Looks like she needs a bath now! 

A few weeks ago a friend on Facebook, who I met on MySpace, posted a pic on my page of a crochet hat styled like the Cabbage Patch Kids. It was so precious I had to find the pattern. If you crochet you can get it here on Etsy. It was easy enough to make and so cute! Too bad my dad isn't here to see these hats, he would have one on his head modeling for the pictures. He was a prankster who loved to make fun of himself as well as anyone else around. We sure miss him alot but it will be fun thinking of him while I make some of these fun hats! If you would like one give me a holler anytime. I'd love to make one for you!

Find my hats here on eBay.
Find my hats on Etsy here.














2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable and the red head one looks like my first cabbage patch doll Eleanor. Wow a blast from the past to say the least. The difficulty in finding those dolls fueled the fever. Now I am considering being a cabbage patch doll for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being a cabbage patch doll would be such a cute idea. Just let me know if you want me to make you a hat! Just about any color is available in the yarn. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!