Spring forward

 


Just the thought of springing forward wears me out, let alone actually springing forward. It makes me feel like I need to spring into action and do something spring worthly this minute like clean my whole house from top to bottom but it feels like father time is making me and I don't want to, though. Those first couple of days after the change of time makes me feel like I've already sprung my spring and hitting that couch to watch tv or even going to bed early is all I can think of wanting to do. I can spring clean anytime but how often do I have a zombie show waiting for me. Well, maybe more than the normal person and once in awhile for sure but you know what I mean.

I did manage to get out of the house yesterday and I found a couple of lonely flowers which you can see above. I think they may be some of the same bunch from last year that you can see pictures of here. I can't wait to see if some of the things I planted last fall come up. If they come up that is, since I have a problem with squirrels eating my bulbs. I'm hoping they made it through the winter. I have lots of daffadils beginning to sprout now. There is nothing that says spring more than a single flower shooting up to the sun on the first day the sun actually felt warm or a yard full of Robins. I want to get some type of bird feeder this summer so we can do a bit of bird watching. It doesn't seem possible that less than a week ago we had 8" of snow because yesterday temps reached above 60. Crazy weather! You can read all about daylight savings time on wikipedia here while I go take a nap or watch The Walking Dead ♥  

 




Little Robin Redbreast
Sat upon a tree;
Up went Pussy-cat,
Down went he.
Down came Pussy-cat,
And away Robin ran;
Says little Robin Redbreast
“Catch me if you can.”

Little Robin Redbreast
Hopped upon a wall;
Pussy-cat jumped after him,
And almost got a fall.

Little Robin chirped and sang,
And what did Pussy say?
Pussy-cat said “Mew,”
and Robin flew away.
                                                                           ~ Author Unknown - Children's Classic Poems


Video: Sheryl Crow - Everyday is a Winding Road (Official)




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!