It's never gonna warm up so I might as well wear my gorgeous coat


It's the end of March and it's still snowing. Not that I'm really complaining because it is beautiful and we didn't get much last year but I do have to say enough is enough, though. It could have been kinder to my work schedule if it was going to keep this up. I haven't had to miss any work due to all this mess. I was so hoping for a snow day today! After all I have the first season of The Walking Dead in black and white I've been dying to watch. I did get off early a couple of days but no snow days. Also, I was hoping to be photographing daffodils by now, not snow. I heard on the news that Punxsutawney Phil had been indicted by one of our local prosecutors for falsely predicting an early spring on Groundhog's Day. Guess I'm not the only one that thinks enough is enough. Phil must have predicted an early release from his job to his handler if he didn't set things straight because he stepped up and took the blame so regardless of Phil's bad prediction he will receive a pardon. However I hope he plans to hide out awhile until everyone thaws out a bit around here ♥      


♥ Coat - Modcloth sleek and sable coat This coat is no longer available on Modcloth. I looked a bit online to see if I could locate it but I was unable to find anything. The label says Latte.
♥ Boots - Vintage 1990's
♥ Sweater - Eddie Bauer
♥ Tights - JC Penny's in Ivory

I purchased this coat to wear to the Matchbox Twenty show when I heard the weather was going to be below zero and sleeting but after I got it I realized it was a little too much coat to lay in a seat at a concert. The coat is extremely thick and heavy. I figured that I would have to wait until next year to wear it. I got it on sale but I think it would have been worth full price. I love it! It's almost more like a thick dress, though, and would be perfect for an outdoor event in the cold. I didn't think that event would come to pass this year after all but look here it is March and I'm able to wear my coat after all. I think I'm going groundhog hunting!  








 
  
 

 

Video: Pink ft. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason (Official)





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coat, Darlene! I am for forgiving the groundhog too - I mean, the weather forecasters are wrong about 60% of the time too : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, thanks for stopping by. I always said I wish I had been a weather forecaster. The only job you can be wrong most of the time and it doesn't effect your performance :o)

      Delete
  2. OMG, that coat. THAT COAT. Thank you for going to find the link and reporting back because otherwise I'd be spending hours on that site looking for it.

    The black and white combo--white legs--is startling and unexpected and PERFECT.

    Please tell me your dog doesn't shed. Because I'm thinking you will be brushing that coat off for-ev-er to get it clean again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet compliments! Hope you are able to find the coat some place. It is lovely. Fadra doesn't shed so I'm good there. She's like a big cotton puff. Thankfully because she has to get in on the action :o)

      Delete
  3. So evocative that coat ... with your little Victorian-reference boots... there are half a dozen narratives going on here! Very, very cool. Looking sleek, madam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I actually kept thinking with some red and white striped socks, a pointed hat and a broom I'd be all set for Halloween this year! lol

      Delete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!