iPhone Camera Apps

 

Another item I had on my agenda of things I needed to do was to organize my apps on my iPhone. My granddaughter was over one evening and wanted to take a picture and couldn't figure out what app to use and it occurred to me that I needed to reposition my apps to be more accessible. I don't have that many but they were all willy nilly on my phone. Just the normal ones that you pop into daily or occassionally depending on what you like to look at or read up on. I currently use Instagram, Pinterest, Blogger, eBay, MySpace, Facebook, AccuWeather, iHeart radio, Flashlight and iTunes. I just discovered Pose which seems to be Instagram for outfits only. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much but so far it's pretty cool! I'm not into the whole "gotta have this app and gotta have that app" but I do enjoy the ones I have downloaded so far. Sometimes there's just too much new before I get a chance to get a handle on the old. Getting a hold on what I've got right now is my goal.  
I've taken an interest in some of the camera apps since I've been interested in photography lately. Although it seems I got my new camera and forgot about my iPhone. However, I do want to be able to take nice photos with my phone when my camera is not along for the ride so I'm back to looking at phone apps. I initially used the Camera app which came on the phone and then moved on to Camera+ which I like ok but it just seemed to me like there should be something better out there.  One of the reasons I thought I would like it is that you can zoom where you cannot on the camera app. I found zooming can mean blur, though. Also although I don't take much video there's no link to take video on this app. I have found I can take some nice pictures in the right lighting but there's alot to be desired if you want to zoom or if you don't have enough or too much light. One other thing when I posted to Facebook through the Camera+ app using an edited photo (red eyes out) the original picture taken posted rather than the edited picture when that was the one that was supposed to post. That could have somehow been my error. I need to mess with the editing functions of this app some more before I make any judgments on that aspect of it. Here's a link to alternatives to the Camera app which you might enjoy looking at which includes a few others.  
I also tried Hipstamatic which claims to give an analog feel to photos. Quite frankly it must be me but I don't see much of a difference in any of the photos I take with different settings on this app. It may be ok for landscape or photos that you have time to mess with but for a regular everyday camera app this is not for me but kind of fun depending on your needs. Photos I have taken have been clear even though the different settings didn't appear to make much a difference. Maybe I just need to use it more.  
The photo app I decided upon to try next is Kit Cam. The above two pictures were taken using it. I noticed there is a blur at the top and bottom. Since I just started using this app I am unsure as to what I tapped on to get this effect but I do remember pinching the screen on something that must have been one of the lens. I did notice right off that the few pictures I have taken have been very clear and their color is good. There are lots of functions and a ton of great things you can do with this app. I look forward to figuring this one out. You can read an informative review here since I don't know much yet. Here are two photos I took without any effects. I did notice it loads slowly when first turned on and that it sucks some battery.

 
I actually like the Facebook mobile camera if you want to post a picture quickly that you just took or look at your friends pictures they have posted.  I like to bring it up to look at everyone's pictures when I'm not in the mood to read everyone's news. I can only look at what everyone is having for breakfast or dinner a few times a week! lol I highly recommend this app if you venture over to Facebook alot or a little. I don't use the app for pictures not going straight to Facebook, though.
   

I took the above picture with the KitCam app and then edited it in Instagram below. 


This next one was taken and edited with the Instagram camera app. Your final pictures are square which is kind of cool! All of my Instagram photos are taken with my phone.
You can follow me @darlindarlene


These next two were taken with the Camera+ app.

 

The grasshopper picture was taken with Camera+ and edited with the Color Splash app.
Ashley was snapped with the Facebook camera app.

  

I also downloaded Snapseed for editing. I like this one too! I'm not a gamer but I think everyone needs at least one game on their phone if they need to pass the time. I chose Angry Birds. I beat Poached Eggs already :o) It's alot of fun but I have grown to hate those piggies!

I'm pleased to say that all my iPhone apps are now organized. There was even a group box that came up for photography so I added the photography apps I use rarely to that. I have the KitCam camera app ready to go for taking pictures. I think I'm gonna like that one best but time will tell. Now to just figure out all my apps and see which one I like the best. I'll keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!