A Red Rose


♥ Sweater and Blouse: Gifted from my mom
♥ Jeans:  Levi Skinny

Last week we celebrated my husband's birthday with the family but I wanted to take him out for something a bit more substantial than pizza, cake and ice cream so we headed to Logans Roadhouse on Saturday. I like the atmosphere there and the food is always great. They have buckets of peanuts you eat and throw the shells on the floor. I try to not get full on those before I order but I can't help it. I love them! Of course, there's lots of country music but I heard some classic rock too.  Before we left Art wanted to snap a couple of pictures of me and Fadra. They weren't actually meant to be outfit pictures but I liked them and wanted to share. We had a wonderful time and I even got a present of my own, a beautiful red rose (which, btw, is my favorite flower).  I love the picture I took of the rose the next day. So pretty! And as you can see I finally got my hair cut :o)  

  


  
   

O my Luve's like a red, red rose

That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee well, my only Luve
And fare thee well, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile. 
                                       ~ Robert Burns    




3 comments:

  1. Darlene, I love the pictures of you and Fadra. You are both beauties. That rose is pretty fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Robbie Burns' poem! And you and Fadra are lovely together, both very pretty. Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look about 15 in the outdoor photos. And very cute in your layered outfit! Glad you had a happy celebration, and like the haircut. I SO need one!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!