Thrilled the world didn't end today!


First of all I'm so happy I didn't wake up to zombies or become one in the middle of the night due to the end of the world! We had a menacing sky last night so I did wonder for a moment but I had hoped that with the freezing winds and dusting of snow the zombies might freeze solid. With The Walking Dead set in Georgia they kind of skipped over the wintertime which probably doesn't freeze much there anyway but that only leaves me with no idea how to fight zombies in the cold but the thought they would freeze eased my mind.

 

Today is my Christmas office party so I've been goofing off some which makes for an excellent day! (You can see last year's photo here.) I think the fellows are already celebrating. After today I will be off until after Christmas. It's a good thing because I still have alot to do to get ready for the big day. I didn't have any vacation time left since I went to Florida twice (see here, here, here and here). I also had gum surgery and with taking a day here and a day there before I knew it all of it was used up. It's the first time I haven't saved up any time off in some years. I am reminding myself right now to be sure to save up at least two days next year. I didn't realize how much I missed having that extra time off. I still have to shop a little and go to the grocery so I am glad the holiday didn't land in the middle of the week. At least I have 4 days off :o)



Fadra was not very cooperative in taking pictures today. She kept looking around and wanting to get down.  She's obsessed with looking for the cat when she goes outside and I didn't have time to let her walk around first. Way too cold for that! And besides I had to hurry back to work to goof off :o) Still I think Art did pretty well capturing a couple good pictures. I featured my coat in a former post here if you have any interest in it. It's so warm and comfy. I love it! 

If you need a quick cold sidedish for the holidays check out my recipe for crapmeat salad here.


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope Santa is good to you! I saw him earlier driving around town in a gold van and he winked and waved at me so that's enough for me to know I made the "nice" list. What a load off my mind ♥


I'm wakin' up at the start of the end of the world, but it's feelin' just like every other morning before...


Video:  Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come (Official)





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!