Thankful


This is the time of year when we all reflect on yet another year gone by and give thanks for making it through. It is strange how some days can drag by so slow that you feel you'll never make it until the end of the week but then when you look back it seems the days have gone by so fast. It hasn't been the most exciting year for me as I decided it was time to sit back, get myself and my house in order and roll with the flow. I am thankful this year that I was able to finally make my little house my own, that basically everyone is healthy and working, that my youngest son is back home (after a tour of duty in the Navy and attending college in Florida), and that I have made strides to take charge of my life (still some groundwork to go...lol). Rather than going out alot or spending money on others like I usually do I stayed home many weekends and worked. It wasn't all Cinderella-like or anything though. I bought myself some new stuff  and enjoyed revamping my house. I went through every nook and cranny (except those pesky kitchen cabinets but I still have until December 31). I am pleased to say that I almost know where everything in my house is located. A place for everything and everything in its place. I don't think I've ever been able to say that my entire life! I am thankful that a new year is ahead and that hopefully it will be a year full of doing lots of fun things. With the work almost behind me I think it's time to party! 

Speaking of work, I must say that I am very thankful for my job. I work as a paralegal in a small law office for two attorneys. Actually since it's just the three of us I do everything, not just paralegal work. I even clean the office once a week and do the bills once a month. Not a ton of money and no glamour but it does have its perks. I am left to myself to get my work done, listen to whatever radio station I want, I can control the heating and air conditioning, surf the web and even get by with wearing jeans whenever I want unless we have clients coming in.  I think that last one was part of the reason my wardrobe was sadly lacking for awhile.

I truly feel lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life and I thank God each and every day for the blessings I have. Now if I could just find someone to pay me to do nothing all day that would truly be a blessing. A girl can dream, can't she?   


♥ Sweater Dress:  eBay
♥ Boots: Anne Klein
♥ Stretchy Belt is from another sweater dress I have and tights are from CVS.

 





Video:Jackson Browne - Lawyers in Love


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely summary of your year, Darlene. I love that you've sorted out your house - such a charming house too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and your fab sweater dress look, with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on house, son in school, you great job and your very good looking outfit. We're hair cut and color twins ... but yours looks natural! First time visitor, and I'll be back.
    (Oh yes.. and thanks for the Jackson Browne clip! I thought I was the only one who loved this. Seems not.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Brown Sheepskin pointed
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Red Patent Leather
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 12CM Green Apple Patent Pointed
    cheap christian louboutin pumps sale online and free shipping
    http://www.clsneakersmall.com

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!