Everybody talks


♥ Dress:  Calvin Klein
♥ Sweater: Calvin Klein (similar on ebay)

I really am very fond of Calvin Klein clothing and have owned many pieces over the years. I find they are well made and if I can find something that fits on sale it's like I've hit the jackpot! Not sure that I am overly crazy about the horizontal stripes but love the feel of this dress. I snatched up the little cropped sweater at Burlington for $5.00 awhile back....jackpot! Working in a small law office it can be so easy to just throw on the same old thing since I really don't see that many people but I feel so much more professional when I dress the part.  I felt like the true professional today in my new dress! I found myself wearing a pair of black dress pants (old ones with no crease or anything) with Ugg boots and a ratty sweater a couple years ago. That's about the time people were trying to buy me clothes although I can buy my own clothes. In their own nice way I think they were telling me I needed to ungrudge myself! lol I guess it was definitely the time for a make-over and thankfully I found the blog world while shopping for new clothes :o)


In speaking of my job it is the time of year when people want to get down to business before year's end so most of the work is tedious which can make for a long day and with the days getting shorter it can sometimes seem like all I do is work and listen to people go on and on and on, talking and talking and more talking. Yikes, calgon take me away from this legal nightmare! It's one of those it's not you, it's me scenarios because most of the people I deal with are great folks.  It's just that I can't help but think of myself getting another year older in a couple weeks and how my butt is going to be freezing off soon. I am not one of those "oh I love fall" type gals. I don't want to listen about some poor guys water problem or some poor lady's neighbor problem when I have a cold and older butt in my future! But I do listen and with an understanding smile, at that. I am a sweetheart as they tell me. It seems the change of the seasons and the lunar cycle have alot to do with law work (and apparently my attitude). When the weather gets cold people want to get the things they've been putting off done. When the weather gets warm they want to divorce and sue everyone. Of course, each full moon brings in the DUI's and disorderly conduct charges. And it is actually true that people do try to get along during the holidays, which is the best time of the year for a paralegal. After telling a friend to mind their own business last week (although he did deserve it) I thought I better try to cheer myself up. I got dressed up and went out for awhile! Sometimes just burning off a bit of steam doing some talking of your own is all you need. And that's why I smile that understanding smile. My ears are all yours ;)    






Karina Dresses



4 comments:

  1. You look great in your Calvin Kleins, Darlene! I enjoyed your thoughts about different times of year bringing out out different sorts of legal problems. I have to think about that with regard to my psychotherapy practice . . . Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! Wow, I didn't know you were a psychotherapist. How interesting that must be! Talk about listening to people drone on all day :o)

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit! 'So glad it's time for tights again. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marci, thanks for the compliment and stopping by to say hi! I love tights too and once it gets cooler I wear them everyday.

      Delete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!