My Shabby Apple Dress!!



I had the great pleasure awhile back to win a $50 gift certificate to Shabby Apple from the lovely Maria's blog Avenue M. You can read about it here.  She has a great eye for pretty things and I really enjoy reading her stories and looking at her beautiful pictures.  You should pop over and visit her blog. Since I usually check out her new posts I saw she was giving away a gift certificate and since I had my eye on this dress I really wanted to win it so I entered as many times as I could and added links to all the pretty dresses I wanted from Shabby Apple. It just goes to show that if you put a little extra effort into the give-aways it can pay off :o) Thanks again to Maria and Shabby Apple! 





After winning the gift certificate I looked around the site to see if there was something I liked better but I came back to this dress. Always go with your first instinct I guess but they had so many pretty dresses I wanted to make sure. I then had to find some matching footwear! I did a web search and found these beauties on Endless.com and they appeared to be the same color as the dress and I was thrilled when they arrived and were a perfect match. I love them! Although I did almost freak when they squeaked a bit when I first put them on but after a little wear they were fine. So comfortable! 


I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived in such a cool box. The brand name is Naya and they have tons of great styles. They also do alot of work for the environment which is very cool! Each sandal has it's own pocket in a little bag that is perfect to protect your sandals and even has a little drawstring. Perfect for beach or wherever you may want to take them off and romp but make sure they are protected. They also have a little green plastic foot insert! Too cute! You can read about Naya here and get the scoop on where to buy.

On a personal note, I have been redecorating my house and just having a laid back summer this year. Sometimes you just need to sit back, look around and see what you can do to make the place you spend the most time at more livable which is what I have done. Although I threw away some crap as I went I actually ended up with empty drawers and more stuff. Go figure! All that internet research on small space decorating and shopping online have really paid off! Guess even when you think you are just surfing some of that stuff really does sink in. Pics to come :o)

btw, there's a blue moon tonight so get out and do something you only do "once in a blue moon"! 




10 comments:

  1. You look so lovely Darlene! That dress was totally made for you and those shoes are so cute.
    I'm so glad you're happy with them :)
    xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy dress and the shoes are a perfect accent as well, Darlene. I look forward to your home pics, as we are moving house soon and looking for ideas for a "pared-down" space. Thanks so much for sharing your look with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, thanks for the compliment!

      I will give you a heads up on some home ideas when I get something posted. It's on my idea list :o) First things first, throw away anything you don't need or love!

      btw, love Visible Monday!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute skirt and I like your haircut too. Great backyard. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually a dress but I love the way it looks like a two piece. Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. The dress is lovely and it fits your very well too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene!
    I think you picked well! Lovely dress on you! I love endless.com, they have so much to offer and their shipping is so fast! Your sandals are perfect with your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have found I love endless.com. My sandals were shipped same day for free and arrived in a flash!

      Delete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!