Crabmeat Salad Recipe - Quick and Easy!


As my contribution to the Christmas spirit going on in the blogging community I thought I would share my crabmeat salad recipe. A friend gave it to me a long time ago and a friend gave it to her. I tweaked it and made it my own. It's really simple and so delicious. Perfect for making, and actually much better if you can make the day before so it is good and cold.

Here goes:
1/2 lb. crabmeat
1 onion
1 cucumber (I remove seeds but you don't have to)
4 ounces noodles
1 package dry original buttermilk ranch dressing
1 cup buttermilk
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of salt

Chop up and mix first 3 ingredients in large bowl. While chopping you can cook the noodles per directions. Drain and add to first mixture when done.

In a mixing bowl add the additional ingredients and mix on low until smooth and creamy. You can buy buttermilk ranch dressing and use milk instead of the buttermilk but it really is better if you just get the buttermilk and do it the right way but I have been rushed and used the other before and it's good, just not as creamy. Besides the left over buttermilk is excellent with popcorn! For you city girls, you get a glass and put a few kernels in at a time and eat with a spoon...yummy! You'll love it but it is a bit sour so make sure your popcorn has salt and not that air popped crap :o)

Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon and there you go. Stir a couple times while cooling. I usually make it, put it in the fridge, stir it before I go to bed, stir in the morn and then right before serving. It will need to be refrigerated to cool and is great served with club crackers or your personal favorite. To serve a crowd you'll need to double the recipe. I have found making it over the years that I usually add more crabmeat since I love it so. Make it once and then tweak it yourself. I've only gotten rave compliments!!


♥ Sweater - Hampshire Studio -oh so soft and comfy!





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the blog makeover Kate did with your blog! It looks amazing and I'm excited for you! This salad looks like the perfect little project for my weekend, I love trying new recipes.

    Your outfit is so adorable, I love that sweater, so festive!
    Happy new reader/ follower!
    ♥ Maria
    www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not much in the kitchen, but you look great, and your doggie is tooooo adorable. What a face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your blog! I saw you got a makeover and it looks fabulous! I will have to try this lovely recipe.
    Would you like to follow each other? x
    www.viewsofnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!