My Birthday Dress

Another year older! What can you do but make the most of it and watch a little Alice Cooper. That was how I started my day, Alice and cheerios... the perfect morning combination! I had a really nice birthday this year! I looked for something special to do considering my birthday was on a Friday but there was nothing going on so my hubby and I went out for an evening of dining, drinking and dancing...my 3 favorite things to do! We just played it by ear and had a great time. I got to spend time with family and friends so adding another number didn't hurt too bad ♥


Blouse: Dollar Store (believe it or not you can actually find some good clothing there)
Ribbed tights: Leggs
Boots: 80's vintage

A dress that I had been eyeing for awhile on Modcloth went on sale for a ridiculously low price but it's a summer dress so will have to wait till next year. While I was checking out the sale though I came across this beautiful fuchsia colored dress. It fit well and I got alot of compliments.
I've had these boots since the 80's. I love them and only wear them on special occasions. Why I love them so I have no idea but they are my go-to shoes when I have a long night ahead of me and want to dress up. They are so comfortable.


You can't see in the above picture but I actually took my own advice and bought some ribbed tights to wear with my new dress. My hubby likes to take pics of my legs (you know how guys are) so when I looked at them later I thought, hey, you can actually see the ribs in my ribbed tights :o) They had tights on sale at CVS, buy one get one, so I bought 2 pairs. I also thought I was buying 2 pairs with a high top but it ended up being high waist mid thigh shaping undergarment which I loved. Why spend a fortune on girdles and such when you can buy one of these for a few bucks. Highly recommend this item.


I took the day off work and we went early to J. Alexanders which is always so yummy! I stepped outside to take a picture of the front of the building and started taking pics of the landscaping when I got a message on my phone. I went back in without getting the pic of the restaurant that I went out there for in the first place and that was even before the shots began :o)







I had a wonderful day!
Thanks to all the special folks in my life who make growing older each year a blessing :o)


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your dress looks great on you, and I'm happy to see it was featured on such a special occasion. :) Have a great day!

    Sandra @ModCloth
    http://twitter.com/ModClothPRBuzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, yay, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had the perfect evening, sometimes it's the best just playing it by ear. And your dress is SO darling, love it paired with the stripey tights. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!