The Sun Shining Has Me Thinking About Color!


Don't you find when the sun is shining all the colors are so much brighter? Some not so nice (as in all the mud from the rain and snow) but mostly everything looks so much better. It may just be me since I am so tired of winter that I'm getting a bit too excited about a sun shiney day but I am excited. I'm going to have to stop and get me some new shades somewhere :o)

Along with the sunshine bringing out all the colors I have recently realized practically every piece of clothing I own is black. I certainly need some new colors in my wardrobe. I always check the pantone chart in the fall and spring to see what the colors of the seasons are so I can make some crochet baby items in those colors so baby can match their stylish mom but have never followed the trends myself. Time to change all that. If you are not aware of what the pantone color system is, it is  largely a standardized color reproduction system. By standardizing the colors, different manufacturers in different locations can all refer to the pantone system to make sure colors match without direct contact with one another. In the spring and fall a number of colors are picked to be the colors of the seasons for clothes and home furnishings, anything that has to do with color. The list this year includes Honeysuckle, Regatta, Coral Rose, Beeswax, Peapod, Blue Curacao, Russet, Silver Peony, Lavender and Silver Cloud.


The most popular color of spring 2011 is Honeysuckle which I would have probably thought of as orange if I hadn't checked the chart but apparently it is a sort of pink. Very pretty I think!


Runway images from Elle.com


I must go shopping for colored items! I'll have to keep telling myself...no black, no black! Peapod made the list and green is my favorite color so there I go. A vist to the mall is in my future for sure.


Just in case you are planning an occasion where something matching with your significant other is in order here are the most popular pantone colors for men this spring season. They are Regatta, Barberry, Turf Green, Flint Gray, Russet, Blue Curacao, Firecracker, Beeswax, Linen, Lavender. Of course, you don't want to wear the same exact color unless it's a wedding party or some event like that. Otherwise, someone like me will be laughing but all these colors were picked to mix and match so have some fun with color this spring and buy yourself a new dress and that man of yours a new shirt. You'll end up with some great photos!




Shop LuLu*s For Cute Dresses



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!