My first post.....

I hope you will join me on my fashion journey. It's been a long time since I have been interested in clothes, persay, so I am long overdue. One of the things I thought about at the beginning of the year was that I needed to "cute myself up" and wear some of those clothes I have buried in my closet. I have to throw away items, iron items and get a real finger on just what I do have that's worth keeping and then the fashion parade is on. Probably even come across a few things I've forgotten I even have. Seems like I've been living in jeans, sweaters and the same 4 or 5 work skirts. I am so in need of a fashion makeover!

Needless to say a little shopping was in order to get me motivated plus I had a wedding anniversary coming up and I wanted to look my best for that special day. A new dress was what I needed! Besides it was 13 years and I didn't want to tempt fate with bad luck....I HAD to look my best! A new dress was what I needed! In my online search for the perfect dress I found the coolest online dress boutique, ModCloth, and I ordered the cutest little dress.

In looking for my booties to wear for my night out I came upon a pair of mauve shoes my mom bought me in the fall for my birthday that I have never worn. Those shoes are my inspiration for this blog! I plan to wear my mauve shoes....a lot! And all that other stuff too :o) No more throwing on the first thing my hand touches in the morning.

I also remembered my mom making me the cutest little short skirts when I was a kid and again had the inspiration to dress better. I had to wear a dress or skirt to school until I was in the 6th grade. That's makes me how old? I always looked cute back then. What happened? Anyway, my dad always wanted to know where my skirt was because I obviously only had on a blouse :o) I still like shorter styles but definitely not going to be sporting any micro minis...those days are definitely over! One of my favorite memories of my dad was he took me and bought me a pair of white go go boots. I loved those boots!


He also got me the latest Beatles 45....Love Me Do/P.S I Love You....The Beatles are my favorite band, btw :o) He then took me to the local corner store to show me off to his buddies. Mom had made me a twirly skirt and I could see myself dancing on Shindig! or singing like Nancy Sinatra. I was in the stars that day! The fellows filled me up on candy and pop and said I was the cutest thing they had ever seen. What fun for a 7 year old! Well, enough about me, for now.

To get back to my new fashion blog and my Valentine's Day anniversary, My hubby bought me a gorgeous Coach Purse. He was getting in on the act and didn't even know it! He also loved my new dress!



Just as a cute note, he also got me a handsome frog (I love frogs) that says...."you're my one and only"! Kind of sounds like The Rock. How cute is that? Don't you love a man who gives you a frog with a tattoo that says "Pucker Up", wearing a sleeveless tee to show off his tattoo and red silk shorts, telling you that you're his one and only! He even named it after himself! Just how adorable is that?? I got the biggest laugh :o)
My hubby is the best....well most times!
I love him dearly!


Please join me on my quest to dress better and be cuter!
Let's see what I (in my mauve shoes) can get into :o)
Have to get my ensemble together, isn't that always the case?
What to wear, what to wear!


ModCloth




1 comment:

  1. Christian Louboutin Pumps are so famous for the luxurious and distinctively styled designs, which enhances personal vogue taste and make it easy to match with varied dressing ways.
    Christian Louboutin Pumps Bianca 140 Nude
    Christian Louboutin Black Bianca 140 Pumps
    Christian Louboutin Pumps 14CM Black Patent Leather Red Toes
    http://www.clsneakersmall.com

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by!